This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Hello lovelies! I am super excited to announce that I was nominated for the Liebster Award this year! This purpose of this award is to share blogs that have a small following so they may grow their audience, and to nominate other bloggers so their great work may be recognized. For all those I have nominated (see below), you may find the official rules here.
First, here are the other wonderful bloggers I would like to nominate:
Neva at “An Inspired Walk” She writes for college-aged women about relationships, faith, self-development and education.
Maggie at “Maggie’s Musings” She is a Christian lifestyle blogger that writes about encouragement about daily Christian living.
Beca at “My Jerusalem Journey” Her blog’s focus is on what God is teaching her through her life in Israel.
Celina at “Dear You, Love Celina Kay” She uses a diary entry format to reflect on specific areas of her life journey and encourage others to persist through all circumstances.
Here are some questions to answer if you accept the nomination so others can learn more about you!
- What first inspired you to write?
- Where is your favorite writing space?
- How did you decide on your blog name?
- Where would you travel if you could go anywhere?
- What is your favorite meal to eat: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
- Do you prefer a quiet afternoon at home or being busy out and about?
- What are you passionate about (besides your blog)?
- Who or what has inspired you recently?
Thank you to Kim at Simply Filled for nominating me!
I was so surprised and grateful to be recognized for this award, and so appreciative of the sweet things Kim had to say about my blog. Being encouraged like this has really inspired me to keep on writing, even when I feel like not very many people are reading my words.
Here are my answers to the questions she asked!
- Where do you find inspiration for what you blog about? It’s almost a cheater answer, but honestly: Jesus! I also actually find a lot of inspiration from my old journals and reflections on portions of scripture that I love. I always pay attention and take notes during church too, plus the life my husband and I live provides pretty great material for inspiration. 😉
- How did you come up with your blog name? I firmly believe that we are called to be a community of believers. That God has called each of us to become a greater “we” that shines His light. I also love the word “lovely” and believe that Christ has called us His beloved, so I basically put all those ideas together!
- Please share the mission of your blog? Right now the mission is to share what God has placed on my heart, in the hopes that it will inspire a community of believers to love Him and live more like Him.
- If you have a profession other than writing, what is it? I’m in college right now studying education, so when I graduate in May I will hopefully find a job as a fourth or fifth-grade teacher!
- What is your favorite food? I have a deep, deep love of cookies. Pretty much any kind. My absolute favorite is a good old fashioned, classic chocolate chip (but these will always do in a pinch 😉). If cookies doesn’t count as “food” exactly, then macaroni and cheese is my favorite.
- Are you a dog or a cat person? You know, I’m not really sure about this one. I actually don’t love animals all that much, but at this point in my life, I’m leaning more towards dogs. ESPECIALLY goldendoodles and labradoodles. Those little guys are so stinkin’ cute. 😍
- Busy city life or quiet country life? Both. But if I had to pick, quiet country life. I’ve grown into more of an introvert the last couple years, and one of my favorite things is getting cozy on the couch for a quiet afternoon with my husband.
- Favorite place you ever traveled to? My husband and I were so blessed to travel to Paris on our honeymoon this summer, and that has by far been the trip of my dreams. Being in love and freshly married made it so incredibly romantic, and even more wonderful than I could’ve imagined.
- What is the best book you ever read? I really loved reading Jane Eyre in high school, but have recently enjoyed C.S. Lewis’s The Screwtape Letters. He offered such an interesting perspective about spiritual warfare and the very real (and very subtle) ways sin and evil can slip into our lives (highly recommend!).
- One important thing people should know about you? I feel like you can get a pretty good glimpse of me just from reading the answers to all the other questions! Something that could be a fun fact though is that I would love to be a stay-at-home mom when we eventually have kids. My husband and I were both so blessed by this reality in our families, and I would love to do that for our children as well.
- What is one skill you wish you possessed that you currently don’t? I would love to be more athletic. I am pretty slow and clumsy, so it’d be nice to have more coordination and balance (even just going up and down stairs 😜).
I just want to send another shout out to Kim at Simply Filled for nominating me! It is so wonderful to be part of this faith-filled blogging community and to know that there is a community of believers present in every corner of the world, online and off! I am so excited to be part of the incredible work God is doing in this space. Thank you to my readers for keeping me writing and being part of this work too! Hope you enjoyed reading a little bit more about me. 😘 Do you have any exciting news recently? Share it with me in the comments!
Author: Susannah Judd
Hello, my lovelies! I am the author and owner of wearethelovelyones.com. I am so excited to share in this journey through life and faith with you! One of my favorite things we are called to as believers is sharing life together. I also love cookies of any kind, my darling husband Caleb, and of course, Jesus himself. Check out my “About Me” page for more. 😉